"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness obviously has never danced in the rain."

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bathroom Yuckiness!




So, Friday morning I had time so I decided to clean my apartment which needed it a lot! I got a surprise in the bathroom. When I lifted up the bathmat on the underside it was covered in white mildew or whatever you call the mold that comes from standing water. It was so discusting! Also, on the tile underneath it was spotted with mold spots that were hardened. yuck!



So, I decided I needed to get rid of it or else I would be disgusted everytime I went into the bathroom! I soaked it with some cleaner and then got a knife and scraped it all off. It took a good hour or so but it is way worth it! Look how good it looks! now when I go into the bathroom I am actually proud instead of disgusted! I just hope there aren't other surprises that I haven't found...


1 comment:

Sally said...

Yikes Mel! Now aren't you so glad that you had a mother who taught you how to clean?! I just love hearing about your little adventures. I would never be brave enough to move across the country to live by myself for the summer. You are amazing. I can't wait to read about more stories!