"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness obviously has never danced in the rain."

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Saturday in DC

Well, Saturday I decided to go downtown to the Mall in DC and see some of the sites. I first stopped at the Museum of Natural History and toured that for about 4 hours. It is huge! There were mammals, dinosaurs, bones, insects, gems, geological things, bits of meteorites, everything!There was this deer that had fangs! I really only got to glance at things, and only got to read a little bit about some things. I'm going to definately have to go back and see more of it! My feet were getting tired, though, so I decided I should go outside and sit down and eat my lunch.







After I got rested I headed off to the Archives. It was saturday so, of course, there was a huge line to get in which took about 45 min and then a line inside for the Charters of Freedom exhibit which is where the Declaration and Constitution was. Over all it took almost 2 hours to see those but it was great. It was fun to just stand by the Declaration and look at it and realize that the BOM had prophesized of it thousands of years before and that these documents formed the country to be religously free and eventually allow Joseph Smith to restore the Gospel. It was fun to go down and see those sites! I've still got a lot more to
see and I hope that I'll be able to enjoy a lot of them!



1 comment:

Sally said...

It looks like you are definitely keeping busy! We missed you this last week when we were all together but hope you are having fun seeing so many cool things.