"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness obviously has never danced in the rain."

Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm in Vegas!

I'm here in Vegas! It's exciting and nerv-racking at the same time. Here are some things I love about down here:
It's not freezing here which is nice but I may miss the snow eventually
We have a washer and dryer in the apartment
LOVE the walk in closet!
Lots of new adventures awaiting

So, those are some pretty good things. I do hate driving here, though. On the raods instead of painted on lines they have these white and yellow dots which confuse me like no other! Why can't they just have regular old painted on lines like everyone else? They must be special...i guess. Anyways, I've already had my embarrassing moment here. When I first got here the gate opened because another car was going through it so I just followed it and thought it opened automatically. So I leave to go get groceries and come back and it doesn't open automatically. So I quickly search around for somewhere to punch the code in and finally spot it. I drive up to it but it is still to far away so I open my door. It gives me directions to look at the directory and find the apt and then it says it's calling...and I wait..and it says no answer. I just want to punch in the numbers and get in! A black kid across the way motions to me something and I just nod. Anyways, I just fiddle with the thing and then a person pulls up behind me and eventually says he'll just punch it in and we'll both get it. How embarrassing! well, hopefully I can figure out how to get in for next time!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Oh goodnes, Meg! You are always up for an adventure and it sounds like Vegas will be nothing less! Hope things go well for you there!